Thursday, April 1, 2021

✩updates? yeah :D

Ok so, I thought all my filming and editing was pretty much completed, but since my opening is only 1:23 right now, I need some more stuff to fill the time. My teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, suggested that I include a credits scene before I get into the meat of the film. I like this, idea because then I can implement the idea that my brother gave me for the opening where I display multiple locations that will later be important to the film. I’m envisioning some shots of the park, a coffee shop, Julia picking up her phone, and things of the sort.


I have yet to decide if I need my actors to get that material (minus the Julia phone shot), simply because I’ll work much faster by myself, I don’t want to have to drag the girls--as much fun as we had together--out for more filming in the hot weather, and I’ve only got a week to finalize the opening. On top of that, I’ve got a CCR script to write, shots to make, and editing to perfect, and I start training for a job this Thursday. Yikes! I do tend to work well under pressure, so I think I can do it :)


With that said, I’ve begun writing my CCR script. I’ve got four questions I need to answer.
  1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
  2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
  3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
  4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware, and online – in this project?


I want to take a deeper look into these questions and go over what specifically I want to talk about for each question.



NUMBER ONE: I need to address how my opening addresses the different conventions of my genre and how it discusses social groups and/or issues. Here, I’ll discuss how Julia both subverts and follows the typical tropes of a fantasy protagonist. Here I plan on discussing the Hero’s Journey, something touched on in my Deep Dive into Superhero Films blog post. I will also be referencing and getting information from this video from YouTuber tube creator Brian David Gilbert where he predicts the future of Kingdom Hearts—a video game with a notoriously convoluted plot—using this storytelling format. I’ll then branch off into how Julia is both a typical and unique main character since she falls into a group of people who aren’t usually seen as the protagonist. For social groups/issues, I want to touch on the TikTok trend where teens/young adults cast themself as a character in a movie. These ranging from the main character to comedic relief to background character.


NUMBER 2:
In this question, I need to address the fantasy genre and my film’s target audience including age (13-24), gender (females), and some other facts about them (people who enjoy magic and believe they aren’t fit to be the protagonist). I’ll then discuss how I can distribute the opening as an amateur filmmaker. Essentially, how I share the film with people without the connections to streaming platforms and movie theatres.


NUMBER 3: Here I’ll need to be the most honest in my video because I’ll be discussing how my production skills developed throughout the creation of Momentum. I’ll go into detail with how I adapted to challenges that came my way throughout the process, and how I prepared for the project via all my planning.


NUMBER 4: The last question asks about which other sources I used to help me produce my film. This includes iMovie, StudioBinder, TikTok, and even Blogspot.


That's pretty much all the planning I have for the CCR, I just need to write my script, film it, and finalize editing.


This weekend is going to be a blast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...