Monday, February 7, 2022

✩blog my beloved!

 

Hello blog <3 it has been too long <3 


Not sure if you noticed but I changed my background from rainbow to purple w/ green Mario stars on it :) I decided on the rebranding because earlier in the year, we did a project on creating a brand for yourself, aka the Brand Identity Project.

In the said project, I explored what makes me, me! Including colors, symbols, messages, and things of that nature. I really wanted to explore more about myself and my "persona" that I use to convey my ideas to my peers (essentially, my brand personality).

While planning what my brand would encompass, I noticed that purple and green are the, as my friends would call it, Kale Colors™. Though that is partially because two of my current favorite characters are associated with purple and green respectively, purple has always been my favorite color and green a close second. Also, when I started my blog, I decided--simply because I could--to use the little star emoticon (✩) all over my blog. As a result, stars have become a part of my brand as well! That's the main reason why my background changed to green Mario stars, and that I'm a gamer B).

I also noticed how being unique and "quirky" was a large portion of my personality (see above lmao). I don't do things to follow what everyone around me does, I do what makes me happy, whether that means I go against the grain or not. For example, watching cartoons and certain youtubers, making my own funky earrings, and wearing a cool suit to homecoming. I made sure that when making my brand presentation that these facts were emphasized.


↓see below for examples :P

My brand purpose:


"As a brand I try to be my own authentic self and encourage others to live life to the fullest and have a good time!" 


My brand physique (image) and personality:


"physique: stars and kiwis, purple and green, individualistic, mismatch, empathy, swag.

personality: bright, sweet, fun, welcoming, unique."


In these two examples from my project, I wanted to make it clear that being an individual and having fun are the main focuses of both me as a person, and what I want others to understand when interacting with me.

Not only does this emulate my decision to edit my background, but it helped me get a better understanding of myself and my motivations.


And that concludes my first blog post of my senior year! I'm looking forwards to getting back into blogging for my final project!



Song for 2/6:

"Don't Call My Name" by Rome Hero Foxes


No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...