Friday, February 25, 2022

✩give me a beat


Hey team!

Today I decided to take a look at the beat sheet to get a feel for how the plot of my film is going to look.

I checked out a few websites about beat sheets (article 1, article 2, and article 3) but realized it's more catered towards full-length films. Oh well, they're still helpful to develop my plot.

I used the knowledge I had from the scenes I knew I wanted to add and the articles to piece together which scene matched up with which beat. Obviously, I can't use them all, but I took what I could. I wasn't too concerned with condensing the 15 beats into a 5-minute short film, just helping to flesh out my idea. 

(refer to article 3 to get descriptions for each stage, it has more detailed explanations of the beats in my opinion)

So the beat sheet definetley helped! Because after making this, I was able to put together a Potential Story Line!

PSO (Potential Story Outline)

  • party set up (title either before or after this,, probably before but idk yet)
  • uno game w friends, orange tones, close-ups on MC, no other character's faces
  • switch to dark, one point of light, all other characters become stuffed animals (one falls over)
  • look at diary?? might b neat
  • roof transition from sunset to nighttime
  • alone in room, light from electronics, colors ramp up and start to flash, heightened emotions, transparent overlay flashes to past or good memories? (not sure how I feel about this but it fits with the plot by giving the MC a reason to go to their middle school and connects with the nothing will be the same again concept)
    • as I typed that I had the idea that instead of transparent flashes to the past, the music swells and cuts to moments of bright nostalgia and loneliness
  • night drive
  • middle school crisis

Ok honestly, do I think the PSO is that good? No, not really. But I'm not in the best mental space to critically think about how to fix it, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to come up with something better if I was. I do not have the time to fix it, so I'm gonna try to talk to Stoklosa, my brother, Jake, and my classmate, Brett, to get some advice.

I feel like I've reached the point in the project where I'm unable to move forward and thinking about it stresses me out beyond belief, especially considering how busy I'm going to be for the next month. 

Anyways, lol. I took these videos where I tried to get a shot of the sunset from my roof today. I think I mentioned that I wanted to get that shot at some point in my blog but I can't remember where. If I didn't, it's here now :) I promise I was safe getting up onto my roof!!!






That's enough for today, bye!





Song for 2/25



No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...