Wednesday, March 23, 2022

✩on the gram (electric boogaloo)

 

Social media page update!

Here’s what my Instagram page looks like so far, I’ve just started posting & plan on posting at least one image a day. Though I first thought stories would be used to document my actual filming process as it's happening, I've already finished filming, so I can't exactly achieve this. Although, I have another idea. 



One of my friends sometimes posts Instagram stories of photos he's taken and includes a song with little gifs around the song that matches the vibe of the song and the photo. They're always super artsy and cute, and one of the ideas I had for a post was a poll on which song made the viewer feel the most nostalgic. This was going to ideally increase interaction with my consumers, but I think taking inspiration from my friend not only is visually engaging, but it also helps me easily create content while promoting the vibe of my film. This is especially helpful since there are a lot of songs I have that match the vibe of the film (see the list at the bottom of this post and the playlist I mentioned at the bottom of this post) so I'll never be short on songs. Plus I already checked, and Instagram has both Clair de Lune and Moonsetter in its music story addition so I'm in the clear! Very excited about this idea.

Along with my reels and stories, I have photos of each of the girls and the stuffed animals that replace them that I can use to introduce my cast. I also have some photos of the party in both the happy and sad lighting. Also in the sad lighting, I have some title shots. However, these title shots are not my favorite, so I might need to reshoot them (which means set up the party all over again :/ ). They could work for postcards, though I'll have to look into that option more. Either way, it would be beneficial to get some more photos of my set.

(so I totally take back what I said, this one kinda rocks, I love it)





I've also followed many of my classmate's short film social media accounts since all of us are in the same boat as amateur film producers to emulate how if my short film was one I was looking to distribute to the public, I would follow and interact wish short films in a similar position as my film.

One last variation of posts I plan on adding is "behind the scenes" posts. I took plenty of pictures and videos of my cast having fun and breaking character during the shooting process which I'm excited to include. I don't think I'll make a long "the making of" video using this footage, if I do, I'll probably still post the individual clips as posts (at least, the funniest ones) for people who don't want to watch a long video of BTS and to establish a "down to earth" feel with my consumers.

One challenge I'll have to overcome is how I plan on making posts that are text, such as a release date announcement. Since I'm not using a font for my title, just the banner, this means that any text I want to include will be completely new. I do have the text used on the white card that I can use, it's some style of typewriter font that matches the aesthetic of the film well. Since it is the only other font seen in my short film (sans the Tequesta Trace Middle School font) I think a typewriter font will work very well to showcase a release date, along with other still text, in my Instagram posts.

I have a few other ideas I can use, including something with the sunset and something similar to this one I found from the Instagram account called "pleaseholdshortfilm".



See you later blog :)



Song for 3/23

"dream of you" by mxmtoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...