Tuesday, March 29, 2022

✩updates on editing!

 

I've got a few updates on editing!

First off, I've finished my first draft of editing! Very excited about this development. I did have to ask Isa to come over and reshoot the scene of them putting up the title banner because it was dark outside when I filmed that scene last time and I wanted the banners to remain on screen longer so viewers knew that that is the title of the film. Luckily, this scene was quickly reshot so I could continue editing.

Some of the scenes still felt off, mainly the entrance scene with my extras, Neena, Gabi, and Nat. Something about the pacing and my shot choices just wasn't flowing properly. Using a technique my Uncle taught me, I brought the whole scene to a separate timeline (listen, the small editing tools fascinate me, I feel so professional using them) to try out some alternate versions of the sequence and balance the audio. After some trial and error, I have a product I'm happy with! Unless I rewatch it and hate it, but oh well, that's the creative process.

I am beginning to go back through and fine-tooth comb my work; this includes audio balancing, cleaning up cuts, and adding some transitions. My film is already just past the 5-minute mark, so I have no need to worry about timing, especially since I still need to include my credits.

I also need to add my music. I still plan on including Claire de Lune in the scene at the middle school, and I'm considering having Moonsetter begin around the entrance scene or party setup scene. I'm still debating whether to have another song for the bedroom scene. I'm not sure if having another song will be too sudden of a switch, and I'd need to find a song that matches both the vibe and message of the film (a tall task). I am up for the challenge though!

I must say, I'm very proud of my planning skills. Often times it's so easy to wait until a few weeks before the due date to start filming, but I'm glad I filmed so far in advance to make sure I had plenty of time to be indecisive over my editing choices.

That's been my progress so far! Right now, not a whole lot to report, more soon!



Song for 3/29

"This Is Home" by Cavetown

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...