Thursday, March 31, 2022

✩more instagram stuff

 

Hi gang welcome back :D

Today I want to go over some of the choices I've made for my Instagram page! I've posted all the Tiktoks I've made, and plan on making more using the footage I've already gathered. 

I did make one from my director's pov because it fits perfectly with a Tiktok audio about something happening twice and it being weird (see here) because twice one of my actors mentioned how her ex had mommy issues and I thought it was very funny and down to earth, something my audience would relate to.

Speaking of which, I would like to clarify that my target audience is mainly females, ages 14-26, who are afraid of change and/or latch onto their childhood. This is evident in the marketing strategies I've employed, like using lowercase typing and Tiktoks, my cast of feminine presenting people, and the nostalgic events in the film, like the birthday party, card game, and middle school.

I've also made a series of Instagram stories with stills I've collected and different songs that matched the vibe of my film. In order to ensure these were always available to consumers, I compiled them in a highlight on my page cleverly labeled "songs." Here are some examples of posts I made!








I'm also working on making an announcement post for a YouTube live stream event, and for my film showing at the Florida Film Festival, which I'll post to my Instagram page. The live stream event will be in June for the release of the film, and the Florida Film Festival will serve as almost a preview for the film before it's released to the public.

Other than these posts I've made, I'm sort of struggling with what else I can add to my social media page. Though I know that story posts count toward social media postings, I can't help but feel like I could be doing more to develop my brand and promote my film. I know there's more I can do, so I'm racking my brain and taking a look at other short films' Instagram pages to get an idea.

I did get a spark of inspiration from this artist who I've followed for a long time. They're in the process of releasing a short film and have a social media page for it (see here) and I really like how they made individual posts about the characters (and the crew!). Since I have photos of each of the actors, I think this is definitely something I can play around with. Though the film is animation, I believe you can get inspiration anywhere.

See you soon!



Song for 3/31

"Chained to the Rhythm" by Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...