Saturday, March 26, 2022

✩graphic design is my passion

 

Hi team welcome back :P

I'm pretty proud of myself, in the on the gram (electric boogaloo) post, I talked about how I was unsure how to present posts that were just text, namely, my date announcement post.

Thankfully, two things happened that significantly helped my process.

First, in a chat with all my actors, I updated them on the process of the film and shared my social media account with them, that way communication would be easier and everyone would be on the same page. Not to mention, I could easily send all of them the finished film at once.

When I did this, Isa was reminded to send me pictures she took of the party scene while on set. I really liked them, and they were especially helpful since I needed more photos of the set to use for social media content and the making of the postcard.




With these new images in my arsenal, all that was left to do was make the content I knew I needed to make: the release date and the postcard.

Up until now, I've almost forgotten the postcard aspect of the project. I had taken some photos I could use for the cover featuring the banners (since the title is not digitally created) that could work, but I didn't have any clue what a postcard needed. I checked out a few past successful short film blogs to get an idea of what my postcard needed to include.

  1. Valedictorian postcard
  2. What Goes Around Comes Around postcard
  3. growing pains postcard
  4. afloat postcard

I noticed how many of the postcards included graphics from short films, and many had links to the film's social media accounts. Also, I loved how "afloat" included the tagline "an exploration of loss" on the front, which reminded me of the description I used on both my social media accounts and the quote Brett told me when I confided in him. 

So, when creating the designs, I went to Canva to help me easily create both designs. Canva is easy to understand and use, plus has access to extra graphics to spruce up the posts. And so, the designing began. This is what my finished postcard and announcement post looks like:


(announcement post! I tried to include the title but it wasn't working out, plus the post is on the Instagram account so it'll make sense what it is that's coming to YouTube)


(front)

(back)

It's pretty simple, but I'm not sure what else to add. For now, I'm leaving it as is, if I change anything you'll be the first to know :).

Before I go, I've got a quick editing update! 

I'm currently on the bedroom scene! This means I'm almost done with the first pass of my editing process! Woohoo! Once I finish, I'll share it with my different contacts (Brett, my Uncle, my parents, Jake) to get some feedback! I do have to reshoot one scene which I'll be able to quickly reshoot hopefully either today or tomorrow with Isa.

Really like my progress so far! Next step, starting my critical reflection (yay 1000 word essay. /s). See you soon beloved blog <3




Song for 3/26

"Alien Blues" by Vundabar

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...