Tuesday, March 8, 2022

✩i like music

 

Hi guys!

While I was filming some shots, I was also thinking of what songs I would be playing in the background. 

During the scene of the MC in their bedroom, I was reminded of this audio I saw on Tiktok featuring "Changes" by David Bowie. Not only does this song specifically address change, but I really like the vintage, homey feel it gives off. I tested out this audio with the scene via Tiktok (it's a quick and easy way to test edit) and I like it! My only concern is if the song is too upbeat. I love the vintage feel from the record player but I don't know if it would match the tone of the film or if record players let you slow down tracks in order to match the song with the vibe. Here's what it looks like, this is not a final product by any means.




I also had the final shot I wanted to add a song to. Taking inspiration from "Suburbia" and its still cameras, dramatic orchestral music, and no dialogue, I've pretty much settled on "Clair de Lune" as the song for this final scene. Made another quick TikTok edit of what that might look like, because I think this one moment of the song really matched up with the footage.




That's all I have for today! Sorry for the short post, because it's show week my posts might be less meaty than usual. Apologies in advance </3.



Songs for 3/8 (two for today bc I feel bad for the short post + I can't decide between them)

"Saint Bernard" by Lincoln

"Smokey Eyes" by Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...