Saturday, March 5, 2022

✩the long awaited storyboard +extras

 

I've been meaning to make this for like two weeks and I got it done the day before filming lets go. 

Hey at least I made it, remember when I was preparing to go into filming blind? Scary times, why did I think that was a good idea.

REMINDER: I gotta research how films make footage feel nostalgic!

Without further ado, here's my storyboard!







I do have to change the last shot, I was able to stop by Tequesta Trace (my old middle school, the place where I want to film my last scene) and saw that the marquee they have has changed to digital :(
As smart of a decision that it, it means that the lighting will be weird since that scene will be filmed at night. However, there are some alternative options.


(This one is cool and has the name of the school, though doesn't have "middle school" anywhere which might be confusing. Looks nice though, has a bench for the MC to sit on)

(Ok this one, is kinda perfect. Looks barren and empty(adds to the lonely feel), says middle school, and has a nice curb for MC to sit on, very easy for a car to roll up to and stop in front of)


Very excited about this scene! I've also picked up Christian's sunset lamp, shared with Isa what her costume should be (warm tones, comfy pants), and am working on getting my other actors.

I also made a quick list of all the places I need to film just to keep my mind on track:




Still figuring out how I'm going to produce the sunset transition shot, but I've got some time to figure that out. What I do know is I don't want a time-lapse and would love to have an audio effect of a lamp turning off to pair with the sky turning to black, something like this.

I also tested out a graphic match shot since I plan to use multiple to transition from the dark, lonely moments and the bright, nostalgic ones. It's a pretty simple video but it was just to feel confident I could make it work.






With that, I'm ready to start filming!







Song for 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...