Monday, March 14, 2022

✩filming recap!!


Filming on Sunday was fantastic! Lets recap!

I asked 3 of my friends (Natalia, Gabi, and Neena; all theatre kids and friends with each other) to join Isa and me. This was an awesome decision because when it came time to film the happy birthday and card game scenes, I could let my cast interact naturally while I moved around and filmed. Not to mention, it was a blast to spend time with them. They were all very professional and rarely broke character or looked at the camera.

I was also able to grab a few extra shots, like the girls all entering the MC's house before their party with gifts. I tried to have one of them bring in the white card with the "Were so incredibly proud of you" message but I didn't think it would make sense for a friend to bring the MC that card. My plan is to either include a brief scene of the MC receiving the card from a parent, or not filming context for the card at all. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the latter option, but we will see once I start editing.

I also grabbed some still shots of each cast member laughing to use for social media, and some other stills of the party decor and title to use for my postcard. I also made sure to grab some behind-the-scenes shots too; not sure yet what I'll do with those but the possibilities are endless.

With that, here are some examples I got!













Song for 3/14

"onion boy" by Isaac Dunbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...