Friday, March 4, 2022

✩title n prop planning

 

I don't think I said this in my last post but I think my film is going to be titled "how fast the evening passes." Not only was Brett a fan of it, but this one has always been my favorite out of all my options. "to see past the horizon" still goes hard and will be my alternate name should I change my mind. For now, that's what we're using!

Not sure if I said this in any of my other posts but I'll say it again, I would love to have a birthday banner with the name of the film on it instead of "Happy Birthday" for the birthday party scene (the first scene). I do have very little time between now and filming day so chances are I'll end up using a birthday banner font (somehow, if there isn't a digital one I'll use Adobe Illustrator to help me out or something) to digitally get the effect I want.



(Originally I wanted the sign to be like this. Although this one is the most nostalgic to me, it's also the hardest option sadly).



(This one is also a good option but feels like the most time-consuming, especially considering how many letters I'd have to cut out if my title was "how fast the evening passes")



(This one is the most practical option because I'd just have to use a banner I already have and write the name on the back of it! Easy money)

We also have a lot of birthday decorations already, like streamers, to use for misc-en-scene! I am nervous about filming that though, I've been so worried about my show (which is next week!!) and having to make a storyboard that I haven't gotten the sunset lamp to borrow, nor have I gotten any extras for the card game scene or the party table scene. Christian said I could get the sunset lamp tomorrow, and I have some theatre friends who live around the corner from me, are friends with Isa, and normally have free schedules that I could easily ask to be extras, which just means I have to ask them!

I have a bit of time today that I can get that done, not to mention I can chat with my brother because he came home today! Very excited (and nervous) to get his opinion on my short film, it'll definitely help to have his input and creative vision.

Some other prop work I've done is decide what stuffed animals I'm going to use for the card game. I am a hoarder of stuffed animals so I had to choose between them, but I decided on three that looked the oldest.




I also was reminded of a card I got as part of a gift from my mom, and though the sentiment is very sweet, I couldn't help but feel off-put by the card, which made me want to find a way to include it in the film.

(I'm going to remove my name from the card, not sure whether to use white-out or censor it yet)


Tomorrow I promise will be the long-awaited storyboard! Stay calm I know it's exciting :)

See you soon!





Song for 3/4


"Time Alive" by KC Katalbas (original)
"Time Alive" by KC Katalbas (revamped)

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...