Thursday, March 3, 2022

✩party time

 

Hi gang :P

This Sunday I start filming with Isa! Honestly, I'm really nervous. I haven't made my screenplay or storyboard yet, nor do I know where/what we're going to be filming. Definitely, important things I need to figure out before Sunday.

I would like to offer these points. The thought of writing a screenplay or storyboard right now is so daunting since I don't feel super confident about my idea and am incredibly overwhelmed by all my extracurriculars. Plus, I think it could be neat to see what I could come up with without any preparation. Is that a horrible idea? Yeah probably. However, I do have a general idea of what I want my film to look like and what shots I need to get, so I know I wouldn't feel completely lost.

I will try to make a storyboard before filming though because I think making this impulsive decision is a bad idea. I don't think I need a screenplay as of right now because I currently dont plan on having any dialouge (more on that in a moment) but who know. Oh well, time will tell what I decide, I'll keep you posted.

Also,

I spoke to Brett! Finally!

It was challenging to articulate my scrambled idea to him since I have no idea how to even begin describing my concept, but I shared with him the feeling I'm basing my short film off on and my PSO (see this post) and he caught my drift and helped me feel more confident that I could actually make this! Massive stress reliever. He really likes my concept and the Uno game scene that would switch from bright with people to dark with stuffed animals, and the potential diary scene. When I told him about the birthday party setup scene, he said that the scene could transition to the table all messed up with candy scattered around the table as if the guests created the mess. Not sure if I would have extras in the scene yet, though I think it would make sense, that just means I'd have to recruit friends to help me out and ensure I don't get their faces in the film. I have plenty of actor friends (and friends in general!) I can ask to help me out so getting extras shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure how much sense that made when I typed it out, but I know what I mean and that's what matters most. However, for reference, the scene would start something like this:



And transition to this:



Ouch </3.

Very swag idea though! I think I will definitely implement it in my short film. Looks like I might have to take a trip to Party City, or my party cabinet in my house to get those props!

Brett also showed me a poem he wrote that basically dealt with this emotion and he said this:


"In order for something new to begin, something else must end."


Ouch. I really like this phrase and I feel like it masterfully captures the feeling I want to convey. I would love to add it into my short film somehow (with credit and permission of course) though I'm not sure how. I've been tossing around whether or not I want to have a voice over but I still don't know. On one hand, it would really help to move the plot along and convey the feeling I want to convey, especially since I don't think I'll have any other dialouge. On the other hand, I'd need to incorporate it in a way that makes sense (I'm thinking either diary entry or conversation with a stuffed animal) and I'd need to write about the feeling without making it cringe. Not sure what I'm feeling yet but I think I'll decide after filming.

Omg. Also.

Remember back in this post where I talk about a fanfiction that inspired idea 2 for my short film? Well, I made a playlist for it back in the beginning of October and I was listening to it today and the song "Clair de Lune" came on. This song is very similar to Moonsetter in that its a soft piano song that makes me feel so emotional and I thought that this oculd be a perfect song to add in my short film along with another song (still a big fan of this version of Moonsetter, especially when you slow it down .75).

Anyways, made a lot of progress today! Feeling optimistic for the first time in a hot moment! Lets keep this feeling!!



Song for 3/3

"Oblivion" by Halfy & Winks

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...