Saturday, February 26, 2022

✩an excuse to spend all my time on social media


So, I've been thinking a lot about my social media page and target audience. 

I know that my film is targeted towards people like me, people afraid of change and nostalgic for a past of innocence, laughter, and good times. I would narrow it further to those about to go to college but I'm not making it specifically about college so I can't. However, my short film is looking like it targets Gen Z, ages 15-20, who miss their youth and are uncertain about their future. I feel like people of any gender will enjoy my production, though my film is likely more appealing to women because my MC is female.

Because of these reasons and how the deadline for the project is rapidly approaching, when I take a little browse through my social media, I take mental notes on what I like and don't like so that I can apply it to this project. The first thing I deduced is that Instagram and Tiktok will probably be my primary forms of social media promotion. Twitter crossed my mind too, but Twitter scares me and isn't the best place to promote a short film to Gen Z in my opinion. Instagram and Tiktok are more targeted towards my generation/target audience, and since I use these platforms most often, they seem to be my best option.

And, because of the Reels feature on Instagram, I can play around with videos. Now that might sound vague, but I have some examples. 






(I love Blogger! It lets me imbed videos into my posts always and without fail! /s)



These videos show a Tiktok trend that I could relate to my short film and use for advertisement. The audio doesn't have a trend like the other examples, but I think the lyrics and style match the vibe of my short film and could make a cool concept. I also think the three example videos give a good visual of how much effort people can put into their Tiktoks. The creative freedom of Tiktok, audio trends, and widespread reach make me lean towards using the platform. Another thing, many Instagram accounts use Instagram Reels to repost their Tiktok content. So, if I wanted, I could just use Instagram as my social media, since Instagram has both photo and video options, though I would still use Tiktok to edit my videos. 

I hope some part of that was coherent. If it wasn't, I think I'm going to primarily use Instagram to promote my short film (which still needs a name).  

The last thing I think I have for today is that my lovely actress, Isa, said she was able to film on Sunday, March 6! Woo! This means that while this week I have tech week for our upcoming show every day until 5:30, I also have to write my screenplay and storyboard. I am stoked, I love the end of senior year /s. 

Have a good time of day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...