Wednesday, February 23, 2022

✩time time time, see whats become of me



I feel absolutely crippled. Like, there's so much I feel like I need to do and so little time to do it.

So disregarding my scrambled mind, here's me talking about so many things in hopes to feel clearer.

I have to start filming ASAP. Once this week ends, I'm going to have after-school rehearsals for two shows (one I'm performing in and one I'm student directing) basically every day till 4:30 until late April. I am so excited (that's sarcastic). Plus, I'll be gone all of the spring break plus a few days before because of my drama States competition and a family trip to Paris. 

As excited as I am for these events, it means my time frame to film and work on my portfolio project is limited. 

I've already shared some of the stylistic decisions I've made, but many of them are also for simplicity's sake, such as avoiding an ensemble cast, a convoluted storyline, and only showing the face of the main character. 

Also, I can't remember if I've shared this already, but when I first came up with this idea, I had an actor in mind to play my lead role. Her name is Isa, and I've already asked them if they were willing to help me create my short film, and thankfully she said yes. She's in drama with me, so we're going to be spending a lot of time together through show rehearsals and the States field trip, and I'm confident in her acting abilities. If we think back to some of my other posts, I mention how I wanted a scene with a bunch of people (ideally Isa + 3 others) laughing and having fun playing a game together, which is something I could potentially get a lot of good shots of during our states trip (we're rooming together with 4 other girls, perfect opportunity to film, though I'd rather not have to worry about filming on a field trip).

I did take a voice memo, (length 4:41) where I talk about a pretty solid idea I have for one of the scenes, either opening or middle (likely middle now that I'm thinking about it). I don't believe I said this in the memo (if I did I'm typing it out anyway) but I realized afterward that the MC shouldn't look around in fear/confusion as to why no one is around them, it would fall more into the feeling of longing rather than fear of change. The MC will instead not acknowledge the change around them, which hopefully will match the feeling better. 

Another scene concept I expanded on a bit is the night driving scene. I took another voice memo to get all my thoughts out but I think it's barely classifiable as a coherent thought. Basically, I thought it could be cool to have the road cut to different roads as they travel to their destination. Not sure if it'll actually work or how I'll film in the car but that is a later problem.

I plan on filming sometime within the next two weeks, and I plan on writing my screenplay and storyboard next week. I've texted Isa last night to see if she was available sometime from March 4-6 but she said she wasn't sure yet. I'm still hopeful for the best! All I know is I "Gotta Go Fast!"





I've also been coming up with ideas for my social media page and a title. Nothing is set in stone yet but things are in the works. I will write about those in a later post :P.

One last thing I did is reach out to the people in my drama program to see if anyone had a sunset lamp and my friend Christian said I could borrow it for filming! Thank you Christian <3. These lights are so cool and would make filming certain shots much easier. Plus, they fit the orange vibe I described here and could be a cool, direct light to put on the main character when the scene flips into darkness. I already have a ton of lights in my room, including a color-changing one with an orange setting, so I couldn't justify buying another light. 



(It also has different colors :D not sure if Christians has multiple colors, I definitely gotta ask)



With that, see you soon!



Song for 2/23


No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...