Wednesday, March 24, 2021

✩FILMING: a recap!

WOOOOOO!!! Today is Wednesday, so you know what that means!! I got together with Miranda and Sophia to start filming!!!! YAYAY!! Sorry, I am very happy :))


SO, after getting some coffee, we headed over to Gator Run Park. Thankfully, there was no one at the pavilion I wanted to use, which meant the perfect filming location. We then ran through the script, I went over the blocking and some of the plot of the story so my friends could get a better idea of the piece, and we got to work.


I pretty much filmed in chronological order and tried to closely follow my storyboard. I won’t lie, as Sophia was reading her lined, we all agreed it was kinda cringey not gonna lie. As a result, we edited some of her lines in order to fix that.




(The bottom is the original script while the top is the revised script).


I brought the makeshift tripod and microphones, but we actually didn’t use or need them! Thankfully it wasn’t a very windy day, and since I wanted to get some establishing shots of the girls at the bench, I didn’t want to have to worry about using a mic with a cord.


Other than the family with three screaming kids playing in the park right next to the bench that we had to ask to move so their noise wasn’t a part of the video, filming went very well! I’m very happy I picked Miranda and Sophia to help me out. Miranda had some super helpful advice that helped me overcome a big obstacle I had and Sophia has some prior film knowledge so she had some cool ideas for angles in which I could film. Not to mention, their acting skills are just what I wanted and we all click very well together, so it was a ton of fun.


Here are a few sneak peeks!!









Now to start editing. Wish me luck!


See you at the next post <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...