Saturday, March 13, 2021

✩In Regards to Music

Okay, so, I know I mentioned in my post titled Discussions, Improved Ideas and Extras, one of the extras was about including music. So, since I’ve done some more planning for the scene and listening to some music. This means I’ve got some UPDATES AYOOOO!!


First, let’s recap the main songs I’ve been thinking about including in the scene.


NUMBER ONE: Fever dream by mxmtoon
(The best option, though slightly more upbeat than I envisioned the perfect song to be. However, the lyrics are perfect for Julia’s character)


NUMBER TWO: Since I Saw Vienna by Wilbur
(Not the perfect option, but the lyrics are also quite fitting even if the vibe of the song doesn’t really match the aesthetic of my film)


NUMBER THREE: Ocean Stars Falling from Homestuck
(I’m really trying to find a good Homestuck song to use (they’re all instrumental and I’m fairly confident they aren’t copyrighted) but most Homestuck songs are very high energy and this one is no exception. It is one of the tamer songs I listened to though)


NUMBER FOUR: Homefree from Homestuck 
(Same as the other Homestuck one, it’s just so hard to find chill songs from Homestuck when every song is created to play under either epic fight sequences or sad moments. These two were some of the best I could find)


With my top options listed, I had to sit and think. When I wrote my storyboard, I didn’t include that Julia would be listening to music. Also, since she’s entering in the middle of the scene, incorporating the music would be a challenge to incorporate correctly. Not to mention I already have a lot of audio files I’ll need to be working with so honestly, the less audio I have to worry about, the better.


THE FINAL VERDICT: yeah, I don’t think I’m going to include any music. The process of getting a perfect song is arduous, I don’t have a lot of time for my film already, and the location of a song in the opening is now ideal. SO I’m just opting not to do it. Besides, it would be nice to have more focus on 404 and Julia’s relationship.


This makes me feel so much more relieved and makes the opening a less daunting task.


Anyways, I’m gonna go eat ice cream. See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...