Thursday, March 4, 2021

✩Finally: Tenet!!

Hey guys! This just in, my bean hurts. My brain is struggling to comprehend the new movie I just watched: Tenet. That's right!! I finally got around to watching it and oh boy was it worth it. I promise I won’t spoil the movie, I think it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen, so I’d recommend watching it yourself. Instead, I’ll do my best to scrape the surface of what pieces of the movie I can try and use in my film while doing my best not to spoil anything. Here goes nothing!



(A screenshot from the movie, Tenet! Please go watch it, it’s fantastic!)


The plot is very time travel-focused (obviously) and at many times is very convoluted and challenging. This is due to the strange science terms, time loops, and fast-paced plot. It does sort of seem to follow the reverse timeline. Though the characters don’t exist of opposite timelines, many of the characters and objects travel backward through time to fight. It’s in a different method than I plan on using for my story since the characters travel back in time and end up in the same area as their past self. However, in this way, both are similar. Honestly, I’m not sure if my explanation is any good, but the point I’m trying to make is that Tenet does use a “reverse timeline” method in its plot, though I don’t think I’ll use my “reverse timeline” in that way.


Without getting too deep into spoilers (because I highly recommend watching it!) two of the characters’ relationship does follow a reverse timeline to some degree. Following the Protagonists story, we see him bid farewell to a character whom he has only recently met. The character goes on to explain how the two of them have already been friends, saying that they had made countless memories with the Protagonist already. This means that the other character had already met the Protagonist before we saw the Protagonist meet said friend. Because of this, the two Tenet character’s friendship is similar to 404 and Julia’s friendship.


One thing I would like to try and take from Tenet is the goodbye scene. It’s bittersweet, knowing that we are at the end of the Protagonists friend’s timeline, but that the Protagonist will spend more time with them in the past (or the Protagonists future). At the opening of my film, 404 would be bidding her farewell to Julia, so I want to capture this bittersweet moment between the two: 404 is happy for the memories the two shared while simultaneously upset that she has to leave, Julia, on the other hand, is confused, yet almost hopeful because of 404’s words.


I am so glad I got to watch Tenet, not only because it aided me in deciding what my film opening will be like, but it was also such a cool movie. I was so invested in the story and would recommend it to anyone.


And with that, I’ll see you later <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...