Sunday, March 7, 2021

✩Storyboarding

Ah yes, the storyboard. In previous blog posts I've pretty much said everything about my film opening that I could before making my storyboard, so, here it is :)








Phew! Ok, so, I have a few notes regarding my storyboard

  1. I’m not too sure of what the timing of all the shots will be, so I have planned that if the section before Julia calls up Forrest is plenty of time, then I’ll cut that whole segment. How I’ll find out if I need Forrest or not is by timing myself saying the lines and each shot and how long the movements will take.
  2. I realize now that I’ll have a lot of audio files to work with if I use Forrest, Julia, and 404’s dialogue, so I have a few ideas on how I could deal with this. Either I record some clips of the character Forrest to add more dynamic shots and reduce my concern about adding a filter to the audio, or I say “screw it” and roll with the task I’ve given myself. Either way, I’ll update the blog with what I decide.
  3. My last major concern is that the actors I have in mind to ask to participate won’t be the best actors. They’re my friends who fit the look I want each character to have, but I’m worried they might not capture the full intensity of 404’s goodbye and Julia’s intense confusion and overthinking. So my options are, asking some of my friends in drama to fill in these roles, fill in one of the characters myself, or just continue with the people I had in mind and make it work.




I think that's all for today, I feel a lot better about my opening now that I have a storyboard though I know I should start picking up the pace.


Peace out bean sprouts! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...