Wednesday, March 17, 2021

✩omg guys the cast list is out

As a theatre kid, I thought the name was funny. ANYWAYS, as you can tell by the title, I’ve got my cast for the opening!


I mentioned before that I had a few friends I was planning on asking and that I had some concerns about having non-actors for my film. As a perfectionist and as I mentioned before, a theatre kid, I realized that I wanted actual actors to play Julia and 404. So, I reached out to two of my theatre friends!


As Julia: Miranda!


I’ve been friends with her since 7th grade, and she's a really talented actress. In fact, she's currently playing Doralee in our school production of 9 to 5! She has mid-length light brown hair, wears a lot of cute sweaters, and has a sweet look about her. For these reasons, I think she's a great fit to act as Julia. Plus, I trust her to have big facials when Julia isn’t speaking.


As 404: Sophia!


She’s helped out one of my other friends in AICE Media Studies with their Music Marketing Project, has done theatre with me since elementary school, and already has a somewhat “edgy alt” look/style about her. We’ve been friends since kindergarten, and I’m confident in her abilities to convey the complex emotions of 404 as she opens the film and bids her goodbye to Julia.


As an added bonus, the three of us are already friends, so filming won’t be awkward. Also, my actresses have chemistry with one another which I believe will make their lines and presence on screen with one another appear natural rather than uncomfortable.


Since both of them agreed, I asked if we could start filming over spring break, more specifically, Wednesday, March 24th and they both agreed!! Woo!! My next course of action is to send them the screenplay so they can get a feel for the scene and potentially type of a schedule/shooting plan (like what shots we film first, when we do a run-through of lines and blocking), and also a prop and costume list. I’ll post the documents to my blog.


That's all I got for today, I just wanted to update you on the progress I’ve been making. Overall, super excited to begin filming, and with two talented actresses no less :)


See you soon! Byeeeeee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

✩goodbyes r hard :(

  All three components of my project can be accessed via my linktree ! I'll also separate them for convenience's sake :P ✩short film...